1. The 29th Olympic Games will be held in London _________ two years.
A. in B. after C. about D. till
2. It _________ me about half an hour to finish my homework yesterday evening.
A. cost B. took C. spent D. used
3. Lucy said that she _________ to school the next Sunday.
A. wouldn’t go B. won’t go C. isn’t go D. didn’t go
4. The teacher wanted to ask me to _________ who broke the window.
A. look for B. find C. look after D. find out
5. I am sorry. I _________ my homework at home this morning.
A. forgot B. left C. leaves D. forgets
6. There _________ an exciting football game on CCTV-5 at half past seven this evening.
A. is going to have B. is going to be C. will have D. would be
7. The physics teacher told us the moon _________ round the earth.
A. was moving B. moves C. is moving D. moved
8.—I came to your home yesterday morning, but nobody was in.
—Oh, we _________ some shopping in the market.
A. were doing B. are doing C. did D. have done
9. I think Surfing the Internet can _________ our eyes to outside the world.
A. start with B. turn off C. open up D. stand up
10.—How was your final exam?
A. That’s no problem. B. My math teacher said I could do better.
C. I’ll have a great time.D. I believe I could.
What do students and teachers think of the rules of forbidding (禁止) iPods at school? To find out, we bring the question to those students and teachers at Hilltopschool(山顶学校).
Dislikes the rule:
Lucy doesn’t like the rule. She thinks it will be better if students can listen to iPods during lunch and between classes. Tom doesn’t like the rule because he would like to listen to his iPods between classes. He thinks it can help him pay more attention (注意) in class.
Mr. Green doesn’t like the rule because he just likes music and likes to listen to it.
Likes the rule:
Mrs. White likes the rule. Sometimes students might lose their iPods at school, and then they will go cycling to their parents. Lisa likes the rule. She thinks iPods will distract(使分心) students from their work.
1. When does Lucy think students can listen to iPods?
A. During lunch B. Between classes C. In the morning D. A and B
2. Why doesn’t Tom like the rule?
A. He wants to listen to his iPod between classes.
B. He would like to listen to his iPod during lunch.
C. He thinks it can help him pay more attention in class.
D. A and C
3. What does Mr. Green think what people can listen to on iPods?
A. Music B. English C. News D. Stories
4. According to Mr. Smith, what will students do without iPods?
A. They will pay more attention in class. B. They will work hard.
C. They won’t be interested in their work. D. They will do well in their lessons.
5. If students lose their iPods, what will they do?
A. They will cry at school. B. They will go to look for them.
C. They will go crying to their parents. D. They will go crying t their teachers.
When I was 12 years old, I was in Grade 1 at middle school. I thought I was able to be the first in the class. But the result of the first exam told me that I was wrong. Although I was good at math and English, my history was poor. I thought history was too boring. Then, my scores of history became wore and worse. I began to be afraid of it.
At the end of third term, my history was still bad. I didn’t understand why. At that time, my sister helped me analyze (分析) the reason. She told me, “You must do your best to study history, or you will fall behind.” Then I though a lot. The second day, I took out the history book. I read loudly, and tried my best to remember history knowledge. I did it every day during that summer holiday. The fourth term would be over. I was very worried about my history. But I found that I scored 95 in the history test. I was very happy and wanted to tell everyone. “世上无难事，只怕有心人。”
6. I was in Grade 1 at middle school ______ ______ ______ of 12.
7. I did ______ ______ math and English, ______ my history was poor.
8. If you try ______ ______ to study history, you will catch ______ ______ others.
A. It’s dangerous to travel too fast.
B. Good morning
C. Did you see the accident yesterday afternoon?
D. Where did you go?
E. I was walking past the corner near the shop when the accident happened?
F. Some people carried him to the hospital as soon as possible.
G. What’s the matter?
A.________, Mr. Black.
B. Good morning, Mr. Green.
A. It’s a very nice day, isn’t?
A. It was really dangerous. The motorbike suddenly came and hit the stone on the street.
B. The young man was badly hurt. _____4_____
A. The policemen got there a moment later.
B. ______5_____ We must be careful.
A. OK. Goodbye.
1. I think she p________ wanted to borrow a book from the library.
2. It’s i________ for me to finish my homework in such short time.
3. I am s________ John doesn’t come to school on time.
4. We have classes e________ Saturday and Sunday.
5. Lucy always gets n________ when she sees the papers of exams.
6. I don’t like wearing the beautiful clothes. I want to _________ (穿衣) casually.
7. The _________ (科学家) predict that robots will do the difficult work for humans..
8. The ball clubs _________ (包括) basketball, football, baseball and volleyball clubs.
9. John _________ (买) a lot of souvenirs in Shanghai during the world Expo.
10. Sarah was so _________ (幸运的) that she wasn’t hurt in the accident.